Voice Media Group Re-Launches City Apps and Debuts Pictureshow App
Essential city guides in 11 markets coast to coast get major refresh
february 25, 2013 11:00 am
Voice Media Group (VMG) today unveiled the first major mobile refresh under its new ownership, launching new city apps for its leading weekly newspapers across 11 markets. The new apps replace existing local city apps and serve as a guide to local news, music, restaurants and events. The company also announced the debut of Pictureshow, a native iPad app providing users access to thousands of professionally curated photos from the local publications in a seamless slideshow experience.
"In September we revealed our commitment to the growth of our iconic weekly publications with a strict focus on expansion across digital platforms, and less than six months later, we're thrilled to be bringing these mobile products to market," said Scott Tobias, CEO of Voice Media Group. "The local city apps have been rebuilt from scratch to provide our on-the-go readers direct access to the best their city has to offer in a more intuitive, robust experience."
Tobias adds, "The new Pictureshow app extends on our promise to deliver a rich content experience and acts as a front door to professionally curated photos spanning music, art and food events, and local news."
Updated versions of the local city apps are available on iOS platforms for Village Voice (New York), LA Weekly (Los Angeles), Westword (Denver), New Times (Phoenix), Houston Press, Dallas Observer, Riverfront Times (St. Louis), New Times (Miami), City Pages (Minneapolis), New Times (Broward) and OC Weekly (Orange County).
Highlighted features include:
- Event listings and concert calendars searchable by date, artist, neighborhood, venue or genre
- Restaurant listings searchable by cuisine type and neighborhood
- Access to daily blogs for updates on local news, politics, music, food and arts
- Editors' Picks of the best things to do and reviews from VMG writers
- Slideshows of local nightlife, concerts and events
- Access to Voice Daily Deals spotlighting terrific deals from local events and merchants
The Pictureshow app native to iPad highlights events and parties in a cinematic slideshow experience.
- Professional photos from VMG covering music, food, arts, events and local news
- Sharing capabilities for Twitter, Facebook and email
- Easy slideshow navigation
The local city apps for iOS and Pictureshow native to iPad are now available for free download in the App Store.